Coal Bunker Build-Up & Blockage Clearing Using Cardox CO² System for the Food Manufacturing Industry
(click on thumbnail to enlarge)
Using a Cardox CO² system provided by Force Vector Inc. is the safest and most versatile method of cleaning and clearing build-up and blockages inside large dry bulk storage and process vessels. A customer in the food manufacturing industry approached us to engineer a solution to a blockage issue in a large scale decommissioned coal bunker at their onsite coal-fired power generating station. The bunker was being used to collect scrapings from a coal/lime transfer belt system, and the discharge pockets were no longer flowing freely and had to be cleared to preserve safety of the operation.
Our field technicians made a careful examination of the vessel and its contents, and designed a build-up and blockage clearing system consisting of 49 tubes placed at strategic locations for efficiently dislodging the compacted material and restoring the free flow of material. Since the Cardox CO² system releases inert carbon dioxide gas, the risk of spark or flame igniting this highly combustible material was completely eliminated. The rapid release of the gas at controlled pressures pushed on the clogged material and effectively broke it into smaller particle sizes that would flow unhindered through the discharge pockets.
Within a short 5 day span, we cleared the bunker of buildup and blockages that allowed the evacuation of more than 400,000 lbs. of the coal and lime mixture.
If you are interested in learning more about this project, or have a similar process issue and would like to evaluate benefits of using a Cardox CO² system to restore process flow, reclaim materials, and regain storage capacity, contact us today.
Coal Bunker Build-Up & Blockage Clearing Project Highlights
- Project Type
- Build-Up & Blockage cleaning of coal-fired power generating plant
- Industry Served
- Food Manufacturer, Coal fired generation plant
- Manufacturing plant needed a solution to their coal build-up and blockage at their onsite coal-fired power generating station. Their decommissioned coal-fired storage bunker and discharge pockets were being used to collect scrapings from a coal/lime transfer belt system. The discharge pockets were no longer flowing freely and had to be cleared to preserve safety of the operation
- Cardox CO² system build-up and blockage clearing system. 49 Cardox CO² tubes
- Benefits / Results
- Cleared build-ups and blockages in bunker storage system
400,000 pounds of coal/lime evacuated
- Products & Services Used
- Force Vector Inc.'s Cardox CO² High pressure Build up & blockage removal system
Technicians/ Specialists (Cardox CO² System Solution Action Plan)
- 5 days
Back To Top